What is Home Support?
Home Support is simply what it says on the tin - supporting elderly people by helping them with a range of tasks, such as housework, shopping and meal preparation. This allows them to remain in the comfort of their own home.
We provide an independent, flexible, professional and tailored quality home support service.
What Services will VS provide.
"We will do anything you want…..we’re there as friends as well as supporters”- Carys H. Community Support Duty Supervisor.
Home Support aims to help our customers be as independent as possible, maintain their social activities and meet their life standards. To achieve these aims we are guided by our customers to deliver a tailored support package.
The process after choosing us:
- Information gathering (with you and your family) - so we can understand your needs, wants and wishes better
- Draw up an agreement - setting out expectations for everyone involved
- Acknowledgement and alterations to the agreement that suits you
- Confirmation of times, team members and tasks
- Continuous reviewing and adapting to your abilities
We encourage open communication throughout the whole process, no need to wait for a review to make any changes. Working closely with you, your family and other professionals we will deliver an effective service.
Examples of what we will do:
- Befriending - sitting and chatting with a warm cup of tea, as well as some small joint tasks.
- Meal Preparation - helping prepare lunch or tea.
- Cleaning - light cleaning duties, including vacuuming and ironing.
Local Services for Local People
We only operate in Caerleon, so we:
- Know the area and the people well - all of our carers live in Caerleon, so there is a fair chance they will already be friends with their clients.
- Are on hand - living locally means that our staff are always there if you need them. This means we are always on hand in emergencies.
We provide a friendly service with trusted, local volunteer carers with a genuine interest in helping others. We aim to ensure that our service users can maintain their independence and live life normally with help from our carers. Alongside this, our volunteers are a regular, friendly face for our clients to chat to and spend time with throughout the visits.
We can help with light meal preparation as much as required, custom to our client's own choice. Our carers can also help with tidying up after meal times and general food hygiene assurance.
Get in touch with us
Get in touch and arrange a time to come along to the Hub and meet us.Get in Touch
How to Get Involved
We welcome involvement from the communities we support. Select below to find out more about us and how you can get involved.Learn More
Monday - Sunday
9.30am - 7pm
What Customers Say!
""We have a bit of a laugh,bit of a sing song"" Mrs P., Caerleon
Get in touch with us
If you want further information for yourself or a relative get in touch here